When? Where to skate ? Skating Roads in Barcelona
There're some different routes of inline skating in Barcelona:
- On Thursdays the routes are hilly and demanding and organized by SAT http://sat.org.es. Attention, this route is reserved to the skaters who want to roll and have an high skating level. Between 30 and 90 people and 18 A 30 km, The difference in altitude can be between 300 and 500 meters.In this Web there're all the routes with the charts, the km and heights BcnSkates/RutasMartesJueves . You can download all the routes of Barcelona in the page: BcnSkates file pdf: Rutas-de-patines-Barcelona-y-alrededores.pdf In the forum of SAT we speak about the routes.
The route begins on the port olimpic , street Marina with street Icaria at 22:15
The route passed by Plaza Catalunya at 22:30
If you do not arrive at 22h30, the group always makes a halt towards 22h45 in a fountain close to diagonal with rambla Catalunya.
- On Tuesdays , it is much harder, the routes are very hilly and very demanding and also organized by SAT http://sat.org.es .The starting point is on park del Clot at 22H15-22h30. Red subway or L2, metro station Clot. The route is carried by skaters of Thursday evening but it is conceived with less stops. Between 5 and 35 people and 20 A 40 km in less time. The difference in altitude can be between 300 and 700 meters. Also you can look at BcnSkates/RutasMartesJueves . In the forum of SAT we speak about the routes.
- The Special : Also on Tuesday in spring and in summer there're anothers routes BcnSkates/RutasEspeciales (but really special, we call like that), There is no limit for these routes: Like Tibidabo… with almost 500 meters height, there are various downhills. We nedd light and we were all protections.
Mid level and easy routes
- On Fridays organized by “APB” http://www.patinar-bcn.org. It is mid level and the most popular, with stoppers. It begins at 22:30 in the Olympic port, in front of a pub called the “baja beach”. The skaters start to come towards 22:15 but the route start towards 22:30. Yellow subway, metro station ciutadella-villa olimpica. It is a quiet route, between 150 and 250 people, 12 and 17 km. It finish a little close at one and half or two o'clock....in a pub, the “butyklan”.
- On Sundays there is also another route, about 12 and half. The starting point is at Marina with Icaria. It is beside the Olympic port. Yellow subway, metro station ciutadela-villa olimpica. It is a quiet route. From 10 A 30 people and 10 A 30 km. Organized by people from APB and SAT. Easy level.
- Also on Fridays there is another route, even easier organized by “rodes sense motor” without stopers. The beginning is at 21h at “estacion del norte”: http://www.r-s-m.org and http://www.inlineonline.com . Between 5 and 20 people and 10 km. Subway red, metro station Arc of triomf.
- Also on Sundays “rodes sense motor” organizes another route: At 11:30 at the estación of francia. It's easier
- On Tuesday at 22h in Parque del Clot there are free classes for beginners and of the classes with higher level for the members of APB association. They make little routes to learn.
- There is also a easy route on Tuesday at Clot. Normally that begins very late and it finish early in a bar. Not to confuse with the other route Tuesday (of very high level)
Outside of Barcelona/h1>
APB http://www.patinar-bcn.org , RSM http://www.r-s-m.org and SAT http://sat.org.es organized routes at the week-end outside Barcelona of easy level. Normaly we take the train at 9 o'clock and we begin to skate at 11 o'clock. We eat all together. Look BcnSkates/RutasFinDeSemana